Case: Erenfred Pedersen A/S
All in on digitalisation
Total supplier of machines and equipment for construction and plant Erenfred Pedersen A/S (EP) was founded in 1966 and has right from the beginning based its business on three commercial key values: guidance, sales and service. To continue to provide the best service and be a long-term business partner for existing as well as new customers, EP made the decision after 45 years to rethink the entire organisation, all procedures and go all in on digitalisation – without compromising on its key values. This resulted in a new, ambitious e-commerce solution developed on the Bizzkit e-commerce platform.
Significant boost of online presence
With the new webshop, EP will boost its online presence significantly and provide the customers with the opportunity for easy and simple shopping when convenient. EP’s wide and at times complex range of products is no obstacle since the webshop’s integrated filtering options make it easy for the customers to find exactly the products which match their requests.
One of the many functions which help the customers find exactly the right product is the very flexible and dynamic attribute engine. The attribute engine is capable of handling a vast number of product attributes such as ‘brand’, ‘weight’ and 'operation’ but also the more product specific such as ‘shovel capacity’ and ‘trimming speed’ which gives EP a unique possibility of guiding its customers right down to detail level. The solution also includes a sophisticated price engine to calculate personalised prices based on different agreements presenting the customers with the precise price that applies to them.
Efficient sales tool
At the same time, the new e-commerce solution serves as an efficient sales tool for EP’s salespersons as they due to the following features are able to:
1. Handle the different sales districts with relating customer groups.
2. Log into the customer’s account, see and even search the order history and specifically place an order on behalf of the customer.
3. Quickly come back to the customer with detailed information and personalised feedback on products which are sold via requests through the shop. It is possible because the product hierarchy has been expanded to a third level in which the customer immediately can specify the precise variant of the product requested, e.g. the relevant machine with or without front camera, reverse alert or similar.
4. Look for and maintain the full order history stored in one place for each individual customer. The solution has been created with a two-way order integration which ensures the import of orders from the webshop as well as EP’s ERP system Navision even for orders placed before the implementation of the webshop which is a huge advantage for the salesperson in connection with the preparation of price agreements compared to previously placed orders.
5. Retrieve data sheets and other presentation material ready for use via their salesperson login.
Expert knowledge in record time
To EP, the new e-commerce solution quickly turned out to be very important in the training of new salespersons but also in the distribution of the product knowledge among the most experienced salespersons. The solution makes EP’s salespersons feel very well equipped when it comes to production information – even for the products which the experienced salesperson does not sell most of and therefore does not have the largest experience with. With the webshop, all information is available at all times and this makes EP’s group of salespersons experts within the entire range of products.
Having the new webshop solution as its focal point for the entire business of the company, EP has now obtained a system which is adjusted and created to match customers as well as salespersons. By moving towards a more digital customer approach by means of the new sales tools, EP has expanded its market, gained the possibility of a better customisation to the individual customer and not least prepared its salespersons even better as well as optimised the internal working procedures.
Martin Juhl Karlsen, E-business chef at Erenfred Pedersen A/S
”As a competent and able to deliver business partner, Hesehus has been able to deliver an e-commerce solution which in EP means that we can realise our visions and objectives for the future. Hesehus understands our everyday life and can therefore deliver a solution which lifts our entire business. Right from a strategic level to a completely simple challenge. With Hesehus’s solution we have thus been able to digitalise large parts of our business for the benefit of customers as well as salespersons"
Launched in August 2015
Webshop, PIM, DAM, CMS and Design
Functions & features
Sophisticated filtering, flexible attribute engine and discount calculation for personalised prices
Unique sales functions
Salespersons who can place orders on behalf of the customer, gain in-depth insight into order history as well as comprehensive production information ready for presentation